Carus specializes in solutions for the mining industry. We are a world leader in the production of high quality CAIROX® potassium permanganate and CARUSOL® liquid permanganate oxidants for contaminant removal as well as a line of CARUSQUEST® scale inhibitors. In addition, we offer a full line of POLYPRO coagulants and flocculants, polymer feed equipment, permanganate feed equipment, and CARUTEST® permanganate analyzers.
Carus is a global company headquartered in Peru, IL with manufacturing facilities in LaSalle, IL and Belmont, NC. Carus regional sales personnel, distributors, and offices are located throughout the world. Quality and continuous improvement are a consistent focus. We are proud to hold certifications for Responsible Care® Management System (RCMS), ISO 9001, and NSF® certifications, among others.
Permanganate in Mining
At Carus, we match our unique chemistries to our mining customers’ needs for combined remedies. Some of our mining solutions include:
- Acidic mine drainage treatment (iron and manganese removal)
- Separation of metals within ores
- Oxidation removal of zinc and cadmium impurities
- Deactivation of flotation compounds
- Cyanide destruction (gold leaching)
- Metal ion oxidation/adsorption on hydrous manganese oxide (HMO)